Thursday, May 2, 2013

Lieeeeeeeeebsteeeeeeeeeeer!




Landra Graf *of Rise of the Slush AND Indie Books R Us fame* has been kind enough to give us a reason to blog. She's awesome. Love her. You should love her too.

Landra nominated us for the Liebster Award!!!



SO... 


....what is the Liebster Award, you ask?

The "Liebster Award" is for bloggers with under 300 folllowers. The rules of the award is that the nominee must link back to whoever awarded them, write 11 random facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions from the award giver, and then nominate another 11 bloggers and make up 11 questions for them to answer. It's a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find some blogs that they want to follow."- From fellow blogger Wayne who first gave the award to James.

BUT....


... we're a team at Pen Punk Central, and since we like even numbers, we decided to up the list from 11 to 12, so we could split it among all four members .

AND.... 

 

...since it had to be as much fun for us as for our readers, we made it into a contest, with a $10 Amazon gift card up for grabs!!! All you have to do is guess which random facts goes with each Pen Punk member!Post your guesses as a comment to this post.

Bonus entries: guess which question answer goes with each member and get bonus entries for each one you get correctly!

The contest ends May 10th at midnight. Winner will be announced within a few days.


12 Random Facts

1. I am mortally allergic to nuts.
2. My secret dream is to be a ballerina, despite the fact that I'm too big to be one and I have zero flexibility. I also have never had formal training.
3. My least favorite book is Jane Eyre.
4. I played oboe in high school and college band. Sounded like a duck most of the time.
5. I once translated an entire novel from one language to another.
6. I prefer tangible books.
7. Most things with more than 4 legs are my enemy. I am deathly afraid of spiders, roaches....ect.
8. I broke my leg aged 3 by jumping off the sofa.
9. Misa is not my birth name (that's an easy one ;-)
10. I curse like a sailor (and trying to break the bad habit).
11. My favorite novel laureate is Richard Feynman.
12. I could make chicken and dumplins from scratch before I perfected the culinary feat of grilled cheese.

Landra's Questions to Us



1. What keeps you writing? What motivates the muse?
Some days I just can't stop. Some take sheer dogged determination.


2. Will ebooks take over the world?
I hope they'll one day be seen as important as print, but that is never going to go away. Nor do I want it to.

3. What genre do you think is on the rise or coming back?

Science fiction is on the rise. (And we're not biased at all on that one :-P)


4. Where do you get some of your best ideas? 

Reading about scientists and cutting-edge science research in cognition and physics.


5. Are you a sweet, savory, or salty fan?
I love em all, but I'm a sucker for sweet stuff. I'm pretty sure I have 32 sweet teeth. Though I will admit that a bag of chips after a Hershey bar is pretty much heaven.

6. What are the essential things you need before starting a writing session?
Music and no distractions. Spotify is the best thing ever, and if I can get absorbed into the music and the world I'm working in, I can get a TON accomplished.

7. Favorite Social Media site and why?
 Twitter, because you can connect immediately to people all over the world.

8. The best things about Social Media?
The opportunity to find support among other authors and the chances for networking.

9. The worst thing about Social Media? 
That it sucks you IN. OMG. Sometimes I get caught up in conversation, and the next thing I know, it's been three hours. O_O
10. If you were tasked with writing someones memoir (your pick) who would you write one on? 

Socrates.


11. Favorite book when you were 16 years-old
Dune by Frank Herbert


And the Nominees are ....

Katelyn Torrey
Ava Doran
Our Questions to our Nominees:

1. What is your biggest personal achievement?
2. Do you have a goal for this year? If so, what is it?
3. If you could pick any imaginary world (from novels/movies) to live in, which would it be and why?
4. If you could spend a day with any celebrity, whom would you choose and why?
5. What's the last book you read that surprised you?
6. What's your favorite game show to watch, and would you actually want to be a contestant on it?
7. If you could pick any novel besides your own to be made into a movie, which would it? Why?
8. What is your favorite YouTube Video?
9. What is a book you hate but wish you liked?
10. Who is one of your favorite philosophers?
11. Where do you do your best thinking about deep questions?





2 comments:

  1. Hello! A community just started up on Google + for those who want to participate in the Liebster Award and network! Please check it out and join – https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/109803552271974849281

    ReplyDelete